We are rapidly growing and currently hiring for a full-time Senior Purchasing/Procurement Agent with vast knowledge of domestic and international manufacturing resources to procure raw materials, and machined parts. This is a position designed for a leader!
What you will be doing:
- Working with upper management to coordinate outsourcing of machined parts.
- Analyzing production specification and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes, tools and human resource requirements.
- Manage the sourcing process from analyzing the vendors proposals, communicating between stakeholders and determining a negotiation strategy.
- Develop and execute pricing and contract negotiation strategies; understanding financial impact to all negotiations.
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating procurement requirements as well as monitoring overall production plan to meet delivery schedules.
- Support the procurement team as need in the processing of purchasing requisitions, resolving invoice issues, and performing expense analysis.
- Work with management and operational teams to forecast customer requirements and assist as needed in keeping these schedules current.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have?
- Minimum 5 years experience with Procurement/Purchasing in the manufacturing arena
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with coordinating with international resources to procure machined parts
- You must be able to read engineering drawings and understand material specifications
- Working knowledge and experience developing production plans
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Engineering background a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
What We Offer:
- Training and room to grow
- We pay 100% of our employees’ costs toward medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company sponsored life and disability Insurance
- 401K with up to 4% matching
- Paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual
- Pleasant non-corporate environment
- Monthly lunch*
Work Environment & Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to sit or stand at computer for a reasonable length of time typing and reading. Regularly required to walk or stand.
Are you ready to join us?
Hyper-growth means hyper opportunity for employees! While many companies hire managers externally, we pride ourselves on our cultural value to promote our top performers from within. Today over 90% of our managers are promoted from internal roles.
5th Axis believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require an accommodation to complete the application or the interview process, please contact [email protected]